We recently opened a new sister studio, Play Retreat, where we conduct fun and relaxing art workshops for adults and kids.
Studio Assistant (Part-time)
We are looking for a part-time studio assistant to help with studio work at both Resin Play and Play Retreat.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities:
- Creative and artistic
- Great initiative and proactive
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Highly meticulous and organised
- Able to multi-task and eager to learn
- People-oriented and able to converse well with others
- Good with handwork / able to work well with hands
- Strong enough to carry supplies
- Pleasant and humble
(Training will be provided, no education qualifications required.)
- Assist with workshops at studio and offsite workshops
- Set up tools and materials for every workshop
- Assist and guide participants during workshops
- Take photos for participants during workshops
- Clean up after workshop
- Pack and help carry materials for offsite events
- Swatching, some simple product photography
- Other workshop duties
Retail Store duties:
- Retail and store operations: Serve customers for sale of art supplies, cashiering, stock take, stock replenishment, etc
- Inventory management
- Shop keeping: Cleaning, tidying up studio, etc
- Run errands: Purchase supplies, collect items or post parcels at post office, deliver stock, etc
- Fulfilling and packing orders
- Receiving shipments
- Other shop duties
- 231 Bras Basah Complex (Play Retreat) and 1 Jalan Berseh (Resin Play). Travelling between 2 locations is required. Transport fees will be reimbursed accordingly.
- At least 2 weekdays + Saturday (compulsory)
- 9 hours per day (10am - 7pm)
- 1 year contract.
- Pay range is $8.50/hr - $10/hr depending on suitability and maturity of candidate.
- Potential to be a part-time teacher at Resin Play depending on progress and suitability of candidate.
If you think you fit the bill, please email us your CV and tell us why you would like to teach at Play Retreat / Resin Play. Please include a relevant work referee in your application. Only suitable applicants will be contacted for an interview.