CCR Bioresin - Eco-friendly Clear Casting Epoxy BioresinRegular price $39.00
Please take note that this product cannot be shipped overseas as it is hazardous.
For international customers, please do not checkout this item. You may refer to our International Shipping Policy page for more details.
Create crystal clear resin castings with eco-friendly bioresin.
CCR is a USDA Certified BioPreferred® Product with 30% biobased content.
CCR Clear Casting Epoxy is a water-clear, UV-stabilized, low-viscosity epoxy system designed specifically for casting, potting, and embedding applications. Low colour and low viscosity allow for bubble-free, crystal-clear castings ideal for art and hobby applications.
With industry leading UV stability, Super Sap CCR allows for crystal clear resin castings with excellent colour stability.
Superior quality with UV stability to prevent fast yellowing as commonly seen in off-the-shelf brands of resin. Imported from California, this bioresin is of the highest clarity and quality, on top of being environment-friendly.
For easy dispensing of the bioresin, you may consider getting the resin pump set, which is compatible for
the 2.84L, 5.68L and 11.36L resin kits. The pump sets are not compatible with the 300ml and 1.42L resin kits.
Our CCR bioresin is meant for casting and embedding. If you are looking for a bioresin specifically for coating, we recommend getting the CLR bioresin.
Choose your curing speed:
This Super Sap® Formulation features two hardener speeds: slow (CCS) for high-build casting epoxy applications and fast (CCF) for quick, small project fast casting epoxy applications such as resin jewelry and more.
FAST (CCF Clear Casting Fast Hardener) and SLOW (CCS Clear Casting Slow Hardener) cure speeds:
- Fast Cure: 90 min pot life
- (100g @ 25°C), 24 hours tack-free time (@ 35°C).
- Slow Cure: 360 min pot life
- (100g @ 25°C), 72 hours tack-free time
- (@ 35°C). Slow cure speeds and low exotherm temperatures allow for bulk castings or high build coatings that release air bubbles well.
Two-part epoxy kits are comprised of Super Sap CCR Clear Casting Resin and CCF Clear Casting Fast Hardener or CCS Clear Casting Slow Hardener.
Note: CCF FAST hardener should ONLY be used for low-volume (less than 1 pint) casting applications with thicknesses below 1″. Using CCF FAST hardener for larger volumes or thicknesses can result in exothermic cures that will damage the epoxy.
- Encapsulation or Embedding
- Bar Top Epoxy
- Resin Jewellery
- Resin Castings
- Art, Hobby, Craft Resin
- High-Build Coatings
- Mass Castings (SLOW only)
- When working at higher temperatures, make smaller pours to avoid excessive exotherm. Epoxy cures at lower temperatures.
- Small castings will benefit from a post-cure of 100° F (38°C) for 24 hours to assure full cure.
- For best results, measure the two components by weight within 5% of the recommended mix ratio.
- Always mix product for at least two minutes, scraping the container to ensure complete mixing.
- Use products in a controlled environment. Avoid high humidity and cold temperatures.
- Amine blush, a by-product of the curing process, appears as a wax-like film cured epoxy and is more noticeable in cool, moist conditions. It can clog sandpaper and inhibit subsequent bonding. Blush is water-soluble and easily removed with clean water (not solvent) and an abrasive pad.
- For good adhesion, epoxy bonding surfaces should be clean, dry, and sanded.
- If unfamiliar with the product, create smaller test samples before starting a larger-scale project.
What is Bioresin?
USDA Certified BioPreferred® Product
As opposed to traditional resins that are composed primarily of petroleum-based materials, bioresins contain biobased renewable materials sourced as co-products or from waste streams of other industrial processes, such as wood pulp and bio-fuels production.
This reduces environmental impact through a significant reduction in CO2 and greenhouse gas emissions from processing, eliminating harmful byproducts and reducing power and water consumption.
Our founder personally uses this for all her resin jewellery work. Tried and tested after working and experimenting with various brands and types of resins for more than 7 years. The photos in this listing shows some of her resin work using this brand of resin.
Safety and disclaimer:
Please take note that protective respirator masks must be worn when working with this resin due to the fumes emitted during the curing process. We recommend getting our reusable respirator mask with organic vapour cartridges as they can filter out resin fumes.
This resin is not intended for use by children. Resin Play will not be liable for any damages or allergy reactions caused from using this product. Users are advised to follow product usage instructions and wear personal protective equipment.
Technical Data Sheets